The Geography of Loss

Shores in my heart unmet by stone forces
Crash and carve caves and rivers deep and black
Orange light and lilac hues, the sun sets
Remembering love lost as night sweeps in
I recall the stars, gems in the sky shine
And pulse in the darkness flowing with blood
To the tips of my fingers, stretch and warm 
Loss is a word like a canyon in most
Cut deep to the root of our bodies earth
The place in my heart where waves turn to caves
And suns to stars, where orange meets purple
A latitude and longitude of my
Life giving arteries and veins is the
Realization that loss is essential 
For without dark canyons and soul crushing
Waves, the peaks of our hearts, the love soaked flesh
Would plateau. Eaten alive by the fear
Of loss and her pitch black canyons below.

Comments

Karlee said…
Well my goodness. 😍

Popular Posts