My Windy Friend


I Watch as the mountain breathes
Coughing up chunks of trees and dust
I smell its breath
And hear your call from the depths
You are singing, 
Sending a song through the trees.
Your voice scratches past a sea of brown and black on the way out
Becoming almost completely stuck on the violent edges of the rocky throat
But not quite.
Soon enough, your song reaches me 

I notice the way it moves,
Gliding across harnessed clouds.
I step forward and eat the hum of your vocal cords up
I taste your vowells 
Milky, sweet
And feel the crunch of your consonants between my teeth
As the moisture of my lips leaps from my eyes
Your voice takes those salty droplets of mine
To a new home
So now,
While there is more of you for me to taste 
There is less of me to taste it.

And I realize, 

It feels like it did last time
Crooked.
Slightly off to one side
But we both know
you can change that
Blow the beauty back,
Straighten things out a bit,
Or you can wrinkle it.
Make things worse

I guess I will never know which
At least not until I embrace you, 
My windy friend.

Comments

LeeT said…
You certainly have a wonderful way with words--------

Popular Posts